[erlang-questions] Why does this not work in the latest otp

Fri Jun 26 14:58:11 CEST 2009

Congratulations, you have found a serious bug in
the new atom cache code!

Simply when sending [] (the empty list) as the _complete_
message to a remote process, decoding fails in R13B01.
That is serious and it is interesting to note that
sending [] as the complete message between remote
processes must be _very_ uncommon, oddly enough.
You are the only one so far that has encountered it.

The developer that wrote the new atom cache (now on vacation)
has given me a two-line patch to regression test. First shot
on one platform works fine and I do not expect any problems.
Next week I will post the patch if the regression tests run fine.