[erlang-questions] built-in xml parser

Bryan Fink bryan.fink@REDACTED
Thu Jun 25 21:49:31 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 10:50 AM, Joel Reymont<joelr1@REDACTED> wrote:
> Is there a chance that future versions of OTP come with a built-in XML
> parser based on a C library, just like 're'?

Hey, Joel.  I know you were asking about built-in, shipping-with-OTP
XML libraries, but if you need a fast one right now ... Have you
looked at the way it's done in the recently-released exmpp?

http://support.process-one.net/doc/display/EXMPP/

There was some chatter a couple of weeks ago about how fast it was (by
using expat or libxml2 C drivers).  It looks like that data was posted
somewhere temporary, and has now been removed, but I remember it being
impressive.

-Bryan