[erlang-questions] Newbie question can't explain behaviour of my program (tutorial exercise masterslave)

Emil Hellman emil.hellman@REDACTED
Tue Jun 23 13:26:20 CEST 2009

This is somewhat of a wild guess so more experienced ppl can correct me if
I'm misstaken (I have no erlang shell here to verify it). I think that the
Erlang shell doesn't print out the io:formats when you are writing a
command. That is,  the calls to io:format that occurs before the call
to masterslave:start(5). returns gets printed. The ones that occur after
that only gets printed after you do something on the command line. Could try
writing the output to a file instead of the shell and then I guess this
pause (it's not a pause but it seems that way in the shell) would not occur.
Or you could try executing any other command like:

1 + 1.

and then the other io:formats would get printed. Again this is somewhat of a
guess... it was a few years since I did any Erlang :).

- Emil H

Since it was a while I did any Erlang development at all I might be wrong
about this.