[erlang-questions] Is there a way to change the privileges of a working program?

Michael Radford mrad-direct-erlang@REDACTED
Sat Jun 20 21:43:31 CEST 2009

A safe and easy solution is to configure the OS to forward the
privileged port to an unprivileged port (e.g. with iptables on Linux),
and not to run as root at all.

Mike