[erlang-questions] Priority queues and Erlang

John Haugeland stonecypher@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 22:11:59 CEST 2009

> Trying to be offensive?

No moreso than are people who use the word "bullschildt".  It's just
what I believe is frank and honest, in context.

> BTW how do you do mutability without side effect? ;-)

You don't.  However, erlang has side effects, so this isn't germane.

> Also, mutability is available in erlang.  You know the old maxim: Write in C ;-)

Things in C aren't available in erlang.  Of course, in the mail you're
replying to, I already explicitly suggested a port.

> Then stop bitching and write one for yourself.

Perhaps I was unclear.  I don't think it can be done in adequate
performance.  That's why I haven't already done it.