EUnit Help

David Mercer dmercer@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 21:57:48 CEST 2009

In follow-up to my inquiries last week regarding EUnit vs. Common Test, I
decided to give EUnit a whirl.  So I added the EUnit header, created a
function inter_header_test/0 in my module, compiled, and then ran it:

82> x12_00501:inter_header_test().

{consumed,{ok,{'ISA',{'00',[]}},

              {state,[],

                     {source_pos,undefined,1,19},

                     [undefined,42,undefined,undefined]},

              {parse_error,{source_pos,undefined,1,19},[]}}}

That was straightforward and correct.  However, I am led to believe that
running the module's test/0 function (which EUnit creates and exports for me
automatically) will run all my tests.  Alas, I get the following error when
I try:

83> x12_00501:test().

x12_00501: inter_header_test (module 'x12_00501')...*skipped*

undefined

*unexpected termination of test process*

::{badarg,[{io,put_chars,[<0.133.0>,unicode,<<>>]},

           {eunit_proc,handle_test,2},

           {eunit_proc,tests_inorder,3},

           {eunit_proc,with_timeout,3},

           {eunit_proc,run_group,2},

           {eunit_proc,child_process,2}]}

  Failed: 0.  Skipped: 0.  Passed: 0.

One or more tests were cancelled.

error

Can anyone decipher the EUnit error report and figure out what I did wrong?
Please advise.  Thank-you.

David