[erlang-questions] Re: Matrix rotator

Johnny Billquist bqt@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 09:10:37 CEST 2009

John Haugeland wrote:

> Doing something like this is both easier and much faster on tuples, at
> which point Mr. Billquist's strategy of construction through item
> lookup becomes the preferred method (in lists, the cost of iterating
> each list for each item is prohibitive.)

I did say it was a trivial implementation, not an efficient one. :-)
I just wanted to illustrate the fact that the basic problem is trivial,
and writing a solution can be done in no time, so what was the problem?
Was someone looking for an efficient solution, a particularly clever
one, or what was the point. And it appeared they just wanted a
solution... :-)

	Johnny

email: bqt@REDACTED             ||  Reading murder books