[erlang-questions] Can gen_tcp:close() close a socket which is still sending?

Tony Rogvall tony@REDACTED
Mon Jun 15 00:48:29 CEST 2009

>> The "safe" way to terminate a sending socket is to use shutdown(S,
>> write)
>> and then wait for the server side to close the connection.
>
> This here may be exactly what I need to know.  To check, first,
> though: in context, erlang _is_ the server side.  Does that change
> things?  The client is any web browser.  I apologize for having been
> unclear.

Then perhaps you should check the exit_on_close option in the inet
module.
If the client uses shutdown you will be able to write data to the
client and
then close after this is done.

/Tony