[erlang-questions] eunit vs. common_test

Christian chsu79@REDACTED
Fri Jun 12 16:57:17 CEST 2009

I do not feel that they are two overlapping test systems where you
pick one or the other but not both.

Eunit has tools for assertions and making table driven tests, things
that are common in unit tests. A tool for the developer.

Common test is more of a manager of test suites, to give them a
configuration and to set up multiple nodes to participate in a test.
Ct is good at giving you test code coverage with relatively little
effort. A tool for someone that manages the test machines and makes
sure the managers and developers get their reports.

One test suite in ct can very well be to execute your eunit tests.