[erlang-questions] How to do counters?

Thomas Lindgren thomasl_erlang@REDACTED
Wed Jun 10 19:57:10 CEST 2009

----- Original Message ----

Two ways:

1. Your singleton is a registered process, e.g. a gen_server. Write an API that sends messages which update the internal state of this process.
2. Your singleton is a named ets-table. Write a wrapper module that uses ets:update_counter/3 to update well-known counters.

Extra credit: use snmp.

Best,
Thomas