[erlang-questions] Multicast UDP and Linux

Rob Elsner thatsnotright@REDACTED
Wed Jun 10 05:33:27 CEST 2009

Is it possible to use the {raw} option for gen_udp:setopts to pass a
struct?  I looked at the source, it seems correct, but when I format a
struct that I believe matches ip_mreq_source, I must be doing
something wrong because no IGMPv3 packet is produced.  Of course, I
don't know if this option is checkable via a getopts because the group
management is done on the router and I would hope that the linux
kernel doesn't store what it thinks is its state.

Has anyone had luck passing arbitrary structs via the raw option for
setopts?  Any hints?

Thanks,
Rob