[erlang-questions] wxErlang

John Webb jwebb@REDACTED
Sun Jun 7 16:33:40 CEST 2009

Hello Jose,

This issue has appeared on the list before; unfortunately wxErlang
does not work with the default wxWidgets distribution provided in Mac
OS X. You need to to a bit of work but it is worth the effort (if only
to run the debugger GUI!).

First of all, please take a look at ./lib/wx/README in your erlang
source distribution.
Download wxWidgets 2.8.10 (not the 2.9.x release candidates) and build
according to the instructions for Mac in the above README file.
When you configure, build and install erlang ensure that your
wxWidgets build directory is at the head of your path variable.
eg)
     export PATH=$(WXWIDGETS_BUILD_PATH):$PATH
     ./configure
     make
     sudo make install

The erlang configure script should be using the wx-config script
created in the wxWidgets build diractory. This is not made explicit in
the wxErlang README file.

Good Luck!

John Webb