[erlang-questions] yaws mixing up requests?

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training and Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Fri Jun 5 15:49:28 CEST 2009

We finally got to the bottom of this one and wanted to post it here for
the record. It was not a YAWS or a socket problem, and instead a bug in
the F5 load balancers. When the clients opened http 1.1 connections, the
load balancers forwarded the requests using existing 1.1 connections
towards a limited number of front end nodes. With the least used load
balancing algorithm, requests were being swapped. By changing algorithm,
the problem was resolved.

Francesco