[erlang-questions] Adoption of perl/javascript-style regexp syntax

Richard Carlsson richardc@REDACTED
Thu Jun 4 16:08:49 CEST 2009

David Mercer wrote:
> For what it's worth, I started working on a PEG-based module in Erlang a few
> weeks ago, but, in the end I started adding all sorts of niceties that
> parsec already has, so I've instead taken to reading the Haskell source code
> for parsec and translating it to Erlang.  I know there is already an Erlang
> module for parsec, but it is incomplete and undocumented, so I am
> documenting as I go along (I also like to have tests [I use common test],
> which the Erlang parsec did not have).  Also, this gave me a good excuse to
> learn Haskell.

That makes at least three known parsec-like implementations; maybe some
cooperation would be a good idea:
http://seancribbs.com/tech/2009/05/29/building-a-parser-generator-in-erlang-part-2/

  /Richard

(who is increasingly glad he postponed writing his own peg library.)