CPU not reaching 100%

Praveen Ray praveen.ray@REDACTED
Mon Jul 20 20:43:17 CEST 2009

Hi All
I've a simple process which in turn spawns 10 more processes - each hitting
mnesia ram_tables continuously. As soon as all 10 processes are started, the
CPU usage goes up (2 CPUs, 2 cores each). However, none of of the CPUs
touches 50% - they all seem to churn at around 43-45%..How do I increase CPU
utilization? I'm starting 'erl' without any additional flags and this is
what it prints:

*$elr*
*Erlang R13B (erts-5.7.1) [source] [smp:4:4] [rq:4] [async-threads:0] [hipe]
[kernel-poll:false]*

Is there a flag I should be passing? Is 'kernel-poll:false' is sometthing I
need to worry about?

thanks
-Praveen
--