[erlang-questions] Re: Unicast 20k messages, $500-$1000 bounty

Joel Reymont joelr1@REDACTED
Thu Jul 16 19:21:25 CEST 2009

On Jul 16, 2009, at 6:18 PM, Cliff Moon wrote:

> The problem you're seeing there is process scheduling overhead.  In
> the fun it sends a message and it's doing an ungodly amount of
> context switching.  The way to get around this is to bump the
> process priority level of the process which iterates the ets table.

My latest version on GitHub is drastically faster and does not use ETS.

What kind of numbers do you get with that when you bump the process
priority level?

Can you show us the code that does the bumping of process priority?

	Thanks, Joel

---
Mac hacker with a performance bent
http://www.linkedin.com/in/joelreymont