[erlang-questions] 20k messages in 4s but want to go faster!

Rapsey rapsey@REDACTED
Mon Jul 13 08:22:59 CEST 2009

Looking at the inet_drv.c, it should not be copying memory. I was using
send_timeout though, perhaps the timer for every socket was causing it.
Since it's a streaming server, I was a bit nervous about using send_timeout
infinity, there is a ton of data constantly moving through the server.
My CPU usage was very linear with gen_tcp, I never got to try sending out
data at 1gbit, but it looked like it would max out the quadcore xeon it was
running on at that speed.
Using my driver I hardly notice any CPU difference between 10mbit or 200mbit
throughput.

But you definitely should be using process per socket model.

Sergej