Four ways to start mnesia in OTP environment. Which one should one use?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Sun Jul 5 01:44:45 CEST 2009

Since nobody else has taken this up this holiday weekend, here's my
take:

1) When you intend to stop mnesia -- how are you sure that it's not
being used by another application?
2) Why would you stop your application (apart for development purposes
or decommissioning)?
3) Since Mnesia is an entire subsystem you could either put it in your
application/applications requirement or ensure it's started in the
application/mod supervisor startup call.

That's my take - I'm sure others have more/better suggestions.

BR,
/sd