Strange CPU usage...

G.S. corticalcomputer@REDACTED
Fri Jul 3 02:01:32 CEST 2009

Hello everyone,

Has anyone else had a problem where after running their Erlang node for some
distributed (multi process) program, their CPU (whether single, or dual, or
quad core), went into 100% use, even after you killed the node completely?

I've tried everything, but after a month of testing different stuff, the
only consistent part in this 100% cpu usage is that it occurs every once in
a while after I run my Erlang program, the thing that is strange is that
even after I kill the node, the cpu is still bogged down. The System Monitor
(Top), doesn't even show a process that uses 100% of the cpu, yet at the
same time shows the CPU as being in 100% use.

I can understand if my program goes into some infinite loop, but it persists
after the node is killed.

Any suggestions?
-Gene
p.s. I'm on linux, Debian.