[erlang-questions] edoc only specific modules

Dale Harvey dale@REDACTED
Sun Dec 27 18:33:59 CET 2009

erldocs isnt the new style official documentation, its one of my personal
projects, the new style official docs are up at http://demo.erlang.org/doc/

with modules documented with edoc, you can generate the xml file that is
used to generate the documentation with docb_gen
http://erldocs.com/R13B03/docbuilder/docb_gen.html?search=docb&i=3#module/1

the code to generate the erldocs style documentation with the xml sources is
in
http://github.com/daleharvey/erldocs.com

right now its only convenient for the otp layout, but ill make it easier to
include personal libraries soon, right now you can do

git clone git://github.com/daleharvey/erldocs.com.git

$cd src
$erl
>c(erldocs).
>erldocs:all("/home/myname/myproj", "/home/myname/output",
"/home/myname/erldocs/static", "Yay My Project").

where annoyingly it expects myproj/lib/myapp/doc/src to contain the xml
files mentioned above.

Ill make this all a bunch easier sometime soon, give me an email if you want
a hand. to add disqus comments you can edit
http://github.com/daleharvey/erldocs.com/blob/master/static/erldocs.tpl
(comments is also on my wishlist)

I believe the some of the build tools for the official erlang documentation
have been released in R13B03 but I havent had any luck with them.

Cheers
Dale