amqpfs announcement

Yurii Rashkovskii yrashk@REDACTED
Tue Dec 22 03:58:07 CET 2009

Hi,

I am happy to announce an availability of aqmpfs early version  (I've been cooking it for a little bit more than a week).

AMQPFS is a Filesystem as API that works through AMQPFS, all filesystem providers are available through AMQP bus and can
be distributed in the network.

What's the point? Why one may need this? Well, this project started as a way to integrate some third-party software while maintaining no real files or directories for it.

For example, it could be used to serve configuration files, receive logs and such. Its use is virtually unlimited.

Plus, it can also utilize multiple instances of providers for the same path which leads us to interesting fault tolerance and availability algorithms.

Would be glad to know if anybody else will find it useful.

It is available at http://github.com/scallable/amqpfs

Please note that it is very immature and pretty much undocumented. Feel free to contact me (yrashk on FreeNode IRC or yrashk at gmail.com by e-mail).

Cheers,
Yurii.