yecc: Behavior change when encountering valid-yet-incomplete token sequences?

Tony Arcieri tony@REDACTED
Sun Dec 20 18:23:23 CET 2009

As far as I can tell, in a recent release of Erlang yecc's behavior changed
when it encountered a sequence of tokens that is valid within the grammar,
but it ran out of tokens before the constructs it's parsing are complete.

In previous releases, you could identify the "need more tokens" state by the
line number it returned with the error, which was 999999 when it ran out of
tokens at the end of the buffer.

It seems this is no longer the case?  If I'm correct, what's the new way to
identify the "need more tokens" state?

--
Tony Arcieri
Medioh! A Kudelski Brand