[erlang-questions] How configure and debug Erlang networking

Zoltan Lajos Kis kiszl@REDACTED
Sat Dec 19 10:43:49 CET 2009

The hosts file is .hosts.erlang, see:
http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/net_adm.html#id2330060 .
net_adm:host_file(). (and net_adm:world().) will tell you if this file
is used.

If you start epmd in debug mode ("epmd -d") you can see if the VMs
properly connect.
erl_epmd:names() can also return the node names registered in epmd at
any time.

Also you can try manually connecting to the other host by calling
net_kernel:connect(Host).

Regards,
Zoltan