inets http library enhancement

Evans, Matthew mevans@REDACTED
Thu Dec 17 23:48:39 CET 2009

Hi,

The ibrowse library has had a recent enhancement to allow a user to pass their own socket options.

I was wondering if it would be possible to enhance the Erlang inets http (client) library with similar functionality. For example, we have a client that requires we set the IP TOS value (for DSCP marking) on all outgoing packets. Since this capability is missing in the http library we are forced to add a patch to the existing code. It would be great if a future releases had this functionality.

For example:

http:request(get, {Url, TransferHeader}, [{timeout,30000}], [{version,1.1}, {stream,self}, {sync,false}, {socket_opts,[{tos,87},{recbuf,65000}]}])

Thanks

Matt