Appropriate Content-Type for Erlang Source

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Tue Dec 15 20:58:17 CET 2009

What's the appropriate content-type (i.e. MIME type) for Erlang source (and, for that matter, Erlang BEAM files)?

I suspect the answer is text/plain (and application/octet-stream, respectively).

That said, I'd prefer to have something more descriptive.  Maybe text/x-erlang (and application/x-beam-vm for starters.  For that matter, Erlang could apply to get an officially registered Content-Type.  For starters, it seems we could maybe get Debian to add an official mime-type for Erlang just by sending an e-mail (to mime-support@REDACTED apparently).  Is this appealing to anybody, or do I just have MIME on the brain?

--
Jayson Vantuyl
kagato@REDACTED