wx in OTP13B03 failed to build on Ubuntu 8.10

Kaiduan Xie kaiduanx@REDACTED
Tue Dec 15 00:55:48 CET 2009

kaiduanx@REDACTED:~/otp_src_R13B03/lib/wx$ ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
configure: Building for linux-gnu
checking for mixed cygwin and native VC++ environment... no
checking for mixed cygwin and native MinGW environment... no
checking if we mix cygwin with any native compiler... no
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for memory.h... yes
checking for strings.h... yes
checking for inttypes.h... yes
checking for stdint.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for void *... yes
checking size of void *... 4
checking for erl... yes
checking for erlc... yes
configure: ERL ROOT DIR: /usr/local/lib/erlang
checking for debug build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
/usr/bin/wx-config
checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=yes)... yes
(version 2.8.8)
checking for wxWidgets static library... no
checking for standard build of wxWidgets... checking for wx-config...
(cached) /usr/bin/wx-config
checking for wxWidgets version >= 2.8.4 (--unicode --debug=no)... yes
(version 2.8.8)
checking for wxWidgets static library... no
checking GL/gl.h usability... yes
checking GL/gl.h presence... yes
checking for GL/gl.h... yes
checking OpenGL/gl.h usability... no
checking OpenGL/gl.h presence... no
checking for OpenGL/gl.h... no
checking if wxwidgets have opengl support... no
checking for GLintptr... yes
checking for GLintptrARB... yes
checking for GLchar... yes
checking for GLcharARB... yes
checking for GLhalfARB... yes
checking for GLint64EXT... yes
checking GLU Callbacks uses Tiger Style... no
checking for wx/stc/stc.h... no
configure: WARNING: Can not find wx/stc/stc.h
checking if we can link wxwidgets programs... no
configure: WARNING: Can not link wx program are all developer packages
installed?
configure: error: Cannot build wxErlang driver, see ./CONF_INFO for information
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~/otp_src_R13B03/lib/wx$

FYI, include files for wx are in /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx, lib files are
in /usr/lib.

kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$ wx-config --cppflags
-I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DwxUSE_GUI=0
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$ wx-config --libs
-pthread -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions  -lwx_baseu_xml-2.8
-lwx_baseu_net-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$ wx-config --libs static
-pthread -Wl,-Bsymbolic-functions  -lwx_baseu_static-2.8 -lwx_baseu-2.8
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$ wx-config --version-full
2.8.8.0
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$ ls /usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/stc/stc.h
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/stc/stc.h
kaiduanx@REDACTED:~$

Did anyone get luck to build wx on Ubuntu 8.10? I want to try reltool out.

Thanks,

kaiduan