[erlang-questions] Re: Announce: elib1

Joe Armstrong erlang@REDACTED
Thu Dec 10 08:27:27 CET 2009

The new code should be significantly different from the existing code
- ie I don't want many modules doing almost the same thing. It should
contain many cross module calls to other modules in the library.
It should be well documented, typed, and have test cases.

The goal is that using the library most applications should be able to
make a lot of library calls.
Every time you are writing an application and you think "this should
be in a library" you check
and find - yes it is - and if it's not you put it in the library.

There's a much larger set of guidelines in the library itself - and a
description of the mechanism
by which new code gets into the library.

/Joe