[erlang-questions] Re: Port forwarding / managed web

Jayson Vantuyl kagato@REDACTED
Mon Dec 7 18:47:16 CET 2009

If your concern is performance, Matt is right.  Apache can take a lot of parallelism out of the process to Erlang's detriment.  Nginx, not so much, but it's still not necessary (although it's great for serving static assets along with proxying to Erlang).

That said, for 99% of installations, I think Apache will hold up.

Of course, ask a general question, get a general answer...