[erlang-questions] massive distribution

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Wed Dec 2 00:57:40 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 4:06 PM, zabrane Mikael <zabrane3@REDACTED> wrote:

> Hi Jarrod !
>
> Is "inet_mdns" ready to use?
> Could you please give me a short example of how to use it in real world?
>
> Regards
> Zabrane

it isn't finished by a long shot, but I do have "browsing" or
"subscriptions" working.

you start it like.

{S.Pid}=inet_mdns:start().

then to be notified about say, iTunes you would subscribe to that "domain" (
_daap._tcp.local )

inet_mdns:subscribed("_daap._tcp.local",Pid).
Then start iTunes, it will broadcast about it self on start up. I don't have
sending of queries working yet.

and then you can "browse" for the results by

Results = inet_mdns:getsubscriptions(Pid).

where Results is just a nested Dict of all the subscribed domains.

Note: that the public interface is only like 5 days old, I am going to
change it. Especially with critique and feedback from the group.
I am going to build custom Results objects and add parsing of TXT records
into Dicts. There is lots of work to do.