[erlang-questions] gen_event handler question

Camille Troillard tuscland@REDACTED
Wed Apr 29 10:33:02 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Robert Raschke <rtrlists@REDACTED>wrote:

> > I would like to know if it is possible to write an event handler that
> would
> > receive only certain notifications based on a simple criteria.
>
> You could use a catch all like handle_event(_, State)-> at the end of
> your handlers? Not sure if that's the recommended way though.

Yes, I thought about this, hehe.
But then all the handlers would receive notifications and should decide
themselves wether or not they should process the message, which is not good.
 It looks like a design issue on my side, oh well …  maybe this is not the
"erlang" way to do it …

Cam