[erlang-questions] Line Receiver example?

Jarrod Roberson jarrod@REDACTED
Mon Apr 27 18:31:11 CEST 2009

I am desperately trying to convert the example code from the SHOUTCast
server example in the Programming Erlang book to call a function on every
line received instead of the way it works in the book.
I am coming from using the Twisted framework for Python and trying to port
some applications, Twisted has a "Line Receiver" protocol that calls a
function when every line is detected.
It makes writing basic protocols very easy. I have been unsuccessful in
trying to accomplish the same thing with Erlang.