[erlang-questions] werl.exe slow

Vlad Dumitrescu vladdu55@REDACTED
Fri Apr 24 14:34:45 CEST 2009

On Fri, Apr 24, 2009 at 09:22, Raimo Niskanen
<raimo+erlang-questions@REDACTED> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:35:19AM +0200, Gamoto wrote:
>> When I start werl.exe on windows 2003 server, the time before to have the ">" is around 10 seconds !
>> Why is it so slow ? normal ? solutions for enhancement ?
>
> That is ususally the symptom of some network configuration
> problem. Things like this has happened in the past
> when werl.exe could not look up its own hostname
> and waited for a DNS timeout.

>From a separate message from John, this delay happens even when simply
starting "erl.exe", not distributed. There should not be any DNS
lookup in that case?
On the other hand, starting even "erl -name abc@REDACTED" takes much
longer than the case above.

For me it works just fine, so it's probably a configuration issue.

regards,
Vlad