[erlang-questions] Problems with Mnesia and failure situations

Teemu Antti-Poika anttipoi@REDACTED
Thu Apr 23 10:01:33 CEST 2009

Updating myself a bit: I crashed it quickly and re-checked:

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 10:46 AM, Teemu Antti-Poika <anttipoi@REDACTED> wrote:

>> What is the purpose of shutting down your application if a Mnesia
>> transaction takes too long time? Are you trying to implement hard
>> real-time behavior on top of Mnesia?
>
> No, we're not going for real-time.

Ignore the previous attempt for an explanation. What happened was that
another process simply timed out in gen_server:call (with default
timeout of 5000 ms) when calling the mnesia -related process, which
was taking time to recover from failover.

Teemu