[erlang-questions] reading excel files in Erlang

Taavi Talvik taavi@REDACTED
Wed Apr 15 21:23:07 CEST 2009

On Apr 15, 2009, at 6:36 PM, Michael Connors wrote:

> Hi,
> Does anyone know if there is an Erlang module for extracting data
> from data from excel files?
> I didn't find one on CEAN, but I am new to Erlang so could be
> looking in the wrong place.

You can try xls2html. Using os:cmd(..) convert to xml and then handle
xml.

xls2xml is a free filter from Microsoft Excel to XML, and a free C
library.
Using the program xls2xml, you can extract the content of a file
generated
by Microsoft Excel and express its content using XML. A library written
in C which is able to do the same is provided too.
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/textproc/xls2xml/

best regards,
taavi