[erlang-questions] gen_udp in passive mode

Francesco Cesarini (Erlang Training and Consulting) francesco@REDACTED
Tue Apr 14 07:16:29 CEST 2009

Running a UDP socket in passive mode, you retrieve the packets using
gen_udp:recv(Socket, Length). I could not find any reference to what
Length  is used for in the documentation (Other than being used in
gen_tcp module when packet types are raw). Is there a reason to have it
here other than symmetry in the call among the modules?

I recall  a thread on the mailing list some time ago, but might be wrong
as I could not find any reference to it.

Thanks,
Francesco
--
http://www.erlang-consulting.com