[erlang-questions] What is the correct representation of text in erlang programs?

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Mon Apr 13 23:39:06 CEST 2009

On Apr 13, 4:09 pm, Elias Torres <el...@REDACTED> wrote:
> Have you read this:
>  http://www.erlang.org/eeps/eep-0018.html
>
> or
>
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/couchdb-dev/200807.mbox/%3cD1FB7B2 2-2C53-4D58-895B-912CB92A2...@REDACTED%3e
>
> -Elias
>
> On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 4:23 PM, Steve Davis <steven.charles.da...@REDACTED

I have now! Thank you for these links.

Apart from my obvious typos it seems that the JSON EEP authors have
come to the same conclusions for the JSON data type.

So would it be fair to say that, as a general design principle for
representing strings in erlang terms then a binary representation is
far more preferable than a "list of integers"?

I know it's basic question, but it's fundamental to a great deal of
code, and no clear guidance is offered/obvious.

/s