[erlang-questions] strange behaviour of gen_tcp:connect

Bengt Kleberg bengt.kleberg@REDACTED
Tue Apr 7 12:24:41 CEST 2009

Greetings,

It is likely that deep down inside the Erlang VM the gen_tcp:connect is
performed by the C library call connect. This C call is blocking and can
return a timeout error.
What do you get if you directly (in a C program) call connect with the
arguments you have given to gen_tcp:connect?

bengt