[erlang-questions] No timeout on connect

Gamoto gamoto@REDACTED
Mon Apr 6 11:30:56 CEST 2009

I corrected my code as you said. connect is not blocking for me !
After 5-6 seconds, I have the message "Error on connect ! Timeout
What is wrong ?

 -module(client).
-export([start/0,wait/1]).

start()->
    case gen_tcp:connect("localhost",1688,[binary, {packet, 0}]) of
	{ok,Socket}->
	    io:format("Socket established~n"),
	    loop(Socket);
	{error,Reason} -> io:format("Error on connect ! ~s~n",[Reason])
    end.

loop(Socket)->
    gen_tcp:send(Socket,"1234"),
    wait(10000),