[erlang-questions] Error while installing new release

Yogish Baliga yogishb@REDACTED
Sun Apr 5 02:07:25 CEST 2009

Thanx for the all replies. Apparently I had a wrong understanding of Erlang. In the process of creating the release file and upgrading the existing modules while the system is running, I discovered that Erlang in not Python or Perl.

My understanding of Erlang was that whatever I installed as a default erlang release is like a perl or python interpreter. But I came to know that what I installed itself is a release of Erlang. I can pick & choose the applications I want in the final release and create a release of my own distribution like doing a Linux distribution with only the required components.

In my case I need only kernel, stdlib, inets, ibrowse, compiler and my own applications for the final release.

I am posting this just in case if members here are not aware of it.

Cheers,
-- baliga

 "The quality of programmers is a decreasing function of the density of GOTO statements in the programs they produce." - Edsger W. Dijkstra

http://dudefrommangalore.blogspot.com/