[erlang-questions] McErlang first public release

Davide Marquês nesrait@REDACTED
Fri Apr 3 06:22:16 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 6:49 PM, Raoul Duke <raould@REDACTED> wrote:

> > Please take a look at https://babel.ls.fi.upm.es/trac/McErlang/  try the
> > tool and send us your questions, comments, bug reports, etc.
>
> www.cs.chalmers.se/~hanssv/doc/icfp07-McErlang.pdf<http://www.cs.chalmers.se/%7Ehanssv/doc/icfp07-McErlang.pdf>
>
> very cool! i think concurrency/distribution clearly needs model
> checking to develop 'correct' systems (as opposed to ones that 'just'
> handle failure dynamically). hope to get some free time (ha ha!) to
> try this all out.

I just read the tutorials and presentations on the site and I *have* to say
I really admire the work you've done with McErlang!
Congrats! :)

>From what I can tell, the best way to get an overview of McErlang (without
wasting too much of that ethereal free time :)) is this presentation:
https://babel.ls.fi.upm.es/trac/McErlang/attachment/wiki/talks/costDec2008.pdf
.
I think this sums it up quite nicely:
[McErlang]"An alternative implementation of Erlang for testing!"

(writting this got me hungry...)

/Davide :)