[erlang-questions] variable unbound

Dale Harvey harveyd@REDACTED
Thu Apr 2 16:21:19 CEST 2009

 Sorry yes one or 2 bugs because I just typed it in the email,
this version works

log_message(File)->
    receive
        {open,Path} ->
            case file:open(Path, [append]) of
                {ok,F} ->
                    log_message(F);
                {error,Reason} ->
                    io:format( "~s~n",[Reason])
            end;
        {data,Data} ->
            case File of
                not_open ->
                    exit(oops_file_not_open);
                _Else ->
                    io:format(File,"~s~n",[Data]),
                    log_message(File)
            end
    end

1>Pid = spawn(fun() -> yourmodule:log_message(not_open) end,
2>Pid ! {open, "/path/to/file.txt"}.
3>Pid ! {data, "some string"}.