[erlang-questions] Mnesia multi-table joins

Robert Raschke rtrlists@REDACTED
Tue Sep 30 18:36:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 4:49 PM,  <Dana.RUBINO@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Changed subject of my last thread as it wasn't a performance issue!
>
> I have done some more digging and found that Mnesia appears to support only joins across two tables.
>
> I have tried a cut down version of the below query using the two big tables only and it is lightning quick.
>
> Does anyone know if there is a way to perform joins across more than two tables?
>
> I fear I will have tripped on the last hurdle (I am currently prototyping a proposed system) if I cant perform joins across more than two tables.
>
> Many Thanks,
> Dan

Do you really need one result set that makes use of values in all five
tables? Is it possible to have a i.user_id that does not have a
corresponding c.user_id, and can the c.platform_id, ... point to
non-existant p, ... entries? If not, that is, you have (conceptual)
foreign key constraints, then you can probably cut down the query to
just the i and c tables with conditions that the c.platform_id, ...
have values.

Robby