[erlang-questions] Some facts about Erlang and SMP

Dave Smith dizzyd@REDACTED
Tue Sep 16 19:56:13 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 3:34 AM, Kenneth Lundin
<kenneth.lundin@REDACTED> wrote:
> Even if there are a number of known bottlenecks
> the SMP system already has good overall performance and scalability
> and I believe we are best in class
> when it comes to letting the programmer utilize multi -core machines
> in an easy productive way.

+1000. Erlang (and the SMP VM in particular) really shines when it
comes to building system that naturally scale out. It makes me so
happy to see apps distribute reasonably evenly across 8 cores, without
me having to spend a lot of time focused on locking/sharing/etc. It
Just Works (TM).

Thanks, Kenneth and the OTP team. Your hard work is much appreciated. :)

D.