[erlang-questions] re-attaching to a runtime instance

Vance Shipley vances@REDACTED
Mon Sep 15 04:30:44 CEST 2008

Tom,

You can do that a number of ways.  It sounds like what you
should really be doing is running as an embedded system:

	http://www.erlang.org/doc/embedded/part_frame.html

In that scenario you have the emulator started by run_erl
and you can reattach using to_erl:

	http://www.erlang.org/doc/man/run_erl.html

You can also just start another erlang shell and use shell
break mode (Ctrl-G) to start a remote shell on the detached
node.  This assumes you started both as distributed systems.

And lastly you can start an ssh server on the first node and
use ssh to connect to it.

	http://www.erlang.org/doc/apps/ssh/ref_man_frame.html

	-Vance