[erlang-questions] blunt error reporting by escript

Ulf Wiger ulf@REDACTED
Tue Sep 9 16:58:14 CEST 2008

I'm writing a non-trivial escript script, and am getting pretty
frustrated with the error reporting.

escript: exception error: no match of right hand side value {ok, ["..."]}

My script is only 75 lines so far but has 10 different functions, and it would
certainly help to at least know in which function the error occured,
if not the line.

If the script is interpreted, couldn't it give me the line number?
I'd even forego the pretty-printing of the message in favor of some hard
facts about where in the program the exception happened.

BR,
Ulf W