[erlang-questions] clarify: multi-threaded make

Bjorn Gustavsson bgustavsson@REDACTED
Fri Nov 28 15:45:16 CET 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Zoltan Peter Toth
<zoltan.peter.toth@REDACTED> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is the multithreaded make (i.e. make -j N) for the OTP source meant to work,
> or did it just happen to work for me ?

It probably just happened to work for you. :-)

As far as I know, our Makefiles makes assumption about build order
that in general
are not safe with the -j option. We might fix this in the R13 release,
as we plan to do
some other major changes to our Makefiles.

/Bjorn