[erlang-questions] next(Erlang): "Fix up records so that records are first-class citizens and not just syntax saccharine for tuples?"

Steve Davis steven.charles.davis@REDACTED
Fri Nov 21 12:16:49 CET 2008

If you are really serious about this - here are some considerations/
dogma from me:
- Don't try to support inheritance (preferring decorators will save
you untold issues later)
- Consider how close/far JSON maps to record tuples
- C.J. Date once said that the big issue with ORM was SQL's lack of
support for relational domains
- XML is a disaster for almost all purposes, so don't be tempted to
use it for "configuration" or "communications" (it took me a while to
finally understand Joe's view, but I am 110% there now)
- The entire set of required modifiers is likely: required, unique,
optional, readonly (and possibly "hidden")
- The entire set of required fundamental types is likely: text,
number, flag
- Don't allow nulls in any shape or form

/s