[erlang-questions] logging with email output

Adam Duston adam@REDACTED
Thu Nov 20 23:02:27 CET 2008

Thanks, I've seen this before. Allow me to ask the question in a
different way. Suppose you deploy an application, and there is a bug
that only appears under certain circumstances. The circumstances don't
occur for the first few days, but then the number of users increases
and a gen_server starts crashing every few minutes, each time getting
restarted by the supervisor. This could happen, for example, if there
is a situation that produces deadlock and gen_server calls start
timing out. Of course, each time a message is written to the SASL log.
Am I expected to use rb to read through the SASL log on a daily basis?
I can't imagine that I'm the first one facing this problem. How have
people dealt with this in the past?

Thanks again,
Adam

--