[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Mathias Picker Mathias.Picker@REDACTED
Thu Nov 20 16:43:34 CET 2008

As for code review, I like the dvcs way way:

create a branch for your bug or feature, and after you've fixed it
commit it to a code host (launchpad, bitbucket, github) and send an
email detailing your changes and ask for your branch to be merged.

I do like launchpad, there the code review can use the web frontend with
voting or the one-shot mini-mailing-list created around the merge. See
https://edge.launchpad.net/+tour/code-review. or

Launchpad also does bug, enhancement requests (blueprints) and question
tracking, has mailing lists and faq-building tools and has features for
team/role responsibilites. Main problem: speed of the web ui.

Launchpad can also handle a project staying with svn for the main
developers by importing the svn trunk once and then updating it every
few hours, see https://code.launchpad.net/~vcs-imports/drupal/main for
an example and
https://help.launchpad.net/FeatureHighlights/BranchImports and
https://help.launchpad.net/VcsImports for documentation.

This way commiters who like to use bzr could it and launchpad for
changes and code review and once approved their changes to the main bzr
branch could be merged back to svn (see
http://bazaar-vcs.org/BzrForeignBranches/Subversion)

So, if we're to build a community around erlang, a more complete service
like this seems the better solution to me than hosting our own code
review tool.

Regards,

Mathias