[erlang-questions] Erlang 3000?

Tim Fletcher twoggle@REDACTED
Wed Nov 19 21:12:00 CET 2008

> We need methods for producing drop-dead-beautiful documentation
> (in PDF, HTML, ...) - think "book quality"

What tools are used to generate the Erlang PDF manuals? Would they be
suitable?

> We need an infrastructure. The genius of the Wikipedia is that it is
> an organisational form that allows a lot of people to contribute by
> doing a little. Correcting a spelling mistake, asking a question,
> replying to a question has enormous power when done by hundreds or
> thousands of people.

Agreed. I think using a distributed SCM such as git would be a good
alternative to a web-based code review tool. The forking and pulling
workflow supports code review as-is, albeit not explicitly (cf.
http://shifteleven.com/articles/2008/05/17/code-reviews-inherit-in-git).
Switching to an e-mail client, or some code review application is too
much work, particularly for smaller contributions.